Students are expected to wear clothes that meet acceptable standards in safety, health, and neatness. Extremes in dress or grooming that cause undue attention or become a disruptive influence in the classroom are not allowed.
**Please refer to the Board Policies kept in the district office for further clearification on these school rules and others not mentioned.**
- Clothing that is excessively revealing is unacceptable. “excessively revealing” includes, but not limited to:
- clothing that is extremely tight fitting
- backless halter tops or dresses; tube tops; spaghetti strap; see-through tops; tank-top shirts or muscle shirts cut low at armpits or neckline
- clothing that shows bare midriffs
- shorts, dresses and skirts the length of which are shorter than halfway between mid-thigh and knee
- clothing that is transparent or revealing
- underwear being worn as an outer garment or being visible during normal student activity.
- Suggestive clothing with crude or vulgar words or pictures pertaining to drugs, alcohol, sex or tobacco are not to be worn at school.
- Shoes must be worn and considered safe at all times. Due to safety, sandals must have back straps. Flip flops (or the like) are forbidden.
- Hats must face forward and be removed when indoors.
- Sagging pants are not allowed at school. Pants must be hemmed, not frayed, and length may not extend beyond the bottom of the shoe. All trousers and pants must be worn at the waist. Belts should be used if necessary.
- Gang related clothing or accessories are not to be worn.
- Do not exchange clothing with other students, as the school is not responsible for damaged or lost items.
- Writing on clothing, hands or other parts of the body is unacceptable
- Pajamas are not to be worn, unless allowed for a school activity.
- No piercings are allowed except for ear piercings which will be removed during physical education classes and sporting events.
- Items not allowed, but not limited to: bandanas, gum, candy, sunflower seeds, ipods, DVD players, felt tipped markers, cameras, toys, head phones, wallet chains, pocket knives, laser pointers or anything else that causes distraction.
If the above standards are not met and followed, the students will:
- Get clothes from home or they will be provided
- Discipline slip will be given to the student and mailed home
- Suspension for willful defiance of authority and regulations
- Be respectful and courteous to all school employees.
- Behavior in a class which disturbs the teacher’s ability to teach or other students’ ability to learn is unacceptable, unfair, and will not be tolerated.
- Name-calling or any type of verbal abuse against classmates is unacceptable.
- Students are expected to keep their hands to themselves. Running, pushing, play fighting and horseplay are not permitted. This type of behavior is dangerous to those involved as well as students nearby, and often causes injuries and leads to fights.
- Hand holding and other public displays of affection are not permitted.
- Passing from class to class should be done quitely and orderly.
- School property (school books, desks, lockers, restrooms, P.E. clothes etc.) will not be damaged.
- Detention assigned and/or loss of Renaissance privileges.
- In-house suspension and loss of school activites.
- Loss of school activities and field trips.
- Loss of ditch day trip for 8th grade.
- Loss of graduation for 8th grade.
- Suspension from school.
- Expulsion from school. (Not necessarily in this order)